Enable Authentication (Login/Logout)
This page will help to enable authentication so that only logged in users can access your website.
- 1.Goto your Google spreadsheet
- 2.Goto 'DONT EDIT' sheet. In Column A, if you see "Enable Authentication", ignore Step 3 and Step 4 and move to Step 5.
- 3.Add a new cell in Column A as - "Enable Authentication" (without quotes)
- 5.Now goto "OtherSettings" sheet and you should see a row as "Enable Authentication"
- 6.Enter the value you want to set in the cell next to "Enable Authentication".
Enable Authentication can take 3 values.
- Enable Authentication = "No" -> This means Authentication is disabled to whole site and the site is open for all.
- Enable Authentication = "Full Site" -> This means Authentication is enabled for the full site including home page and detailed pages
- Enable Authentication = "Detailed Pages Only" -> This means Authentication is enabled to only detailed pages but not to home page.
- If 'Enable Authentication' is empty or the row doesn't exist -> This means Authentication is disabled to whole site and the site is open for all
Next Steps on how to create Usernames and password:
- 1.Create a new additional sheet (in the same Google sheet link) with name 'Auth' and add below columns.
- 2.Column A: UsernameColumn B: PasswordColumn C: Display Name
- 1.Goto 'Detailed Pages' sheet and add a new column at the end as 'Extra Config' (Do this only if you don't see 'Extra Config' column in the sheet. Make sure this is Column H. See this 'Detailed Pages' sheet for reference to make sure you have all required columns.
- 2.For the pages you want to lock, update the 'Extra Config' column as [Locked: Yes]
- If Extra Config has [Locked: Yes] -> The page will be locked.
- If Extra Config has [Locked: No] -> The page will be open for everyone.
- If Extra Config has no value -> The page will be open for everyone unless you lock the full site from 'Other Settings' sheet.
- 1.By default all the pages will be open for everyone unless you lock the page or lock the full site from 'Other Settings' sheet.
- 1.Once all the above steps are done, use 'live test' link to pull latest changes
- 2.Goto your website and see. If you set 'Enable Authentication' to 'Full Site' or 'Detailed Pages Only' in the 'OtherSettings' sheet, it should show the login page. Use the Username/password set in 'Auth' sheet to login.
- 3.If you want to disable Auth, just set 'Enable Authentication' to 'No' in the 'OtherSettings' and use 'live test' link to re-pull the new settings.
Once you open the website (with Authentication enabled), you will see a little chevron button on the right side of the website. Click on the 'Logout' button to logout from LoggedIn session. (See below).