If you want to track your website analytics using Google Analytics, continue reading.
Note that - Google recently changed the Google Analytics tags. Old tags are called Universal Analytics (typically starts with "UA-") and new tags are called Google Analytics Tags/Measurement Tags (typically stats with "G-" or "M-" or something similar.
Google usually takes a few minutes before it starts showing the traffic. Please wait for a few minutes after the setup. Alternatively, you can right-click on the webpage and see 'view-source' to verify the the script/Google Analytics Id appears on the webpage 'view-source' code.
Get your Google Analytics Id by following the steps here at https://analyticshelp.io/blog/google-analytics-property-tracking-id/
- 1.Go to the Google sheet connected to your website
- 2.Go to 'Other Settings' sheet and give your Google Analytics Id in Column B against 'Google Analytics Id' row.
- 3.Make sure you use the 'live test' link to pull the latest changes.
Alternative way to use Google Analytics
- 2.Go to the Google sheet connected to your website
- 3.Go to 'Advanced Settings' sheet and add your copied Google Analytics script in Column B (make sure you don't remove the <script> tags). In Column A, you can give any text and in Column C, select "Before Header Closed".
- 4.Make sure you use the 'live test' link to pull the latest changes.